Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Busker's Song

I found this verse fragment from a blog post way back when. I decided to polish it. I've no tune in mind.

On a sidewalk waiting out
 a rainy afternoon
They pass weighed down with bags
And laugh ice cream in hand
While whirring billboards drown my tune.

I'm waiting for the waves that
will claim me from the sand
While children build castles
That're taller than they stand
It's crowded but it's lonely in this land.

I don't know what I'm doing
But I'm waiting for a sign
That somehow somewhere someone's
Got me on their mind
I'm not the sun the world goes round
But I just wish the world's not blind
As it goes round me.

I'm in a park surrounded
by these Sunday faces
Stay awhile and drop a
coin or two; you ever
stopped to wonder what a song is worth to you?

Played this tune a hundred times
a hundred more to go
New faces everyday
Old notes for the show
Fading into silence into shadow

I don't know what I'm doing
But I'm waiting for a sign
That somehow somewhere someone's
Got me on their mind
I'm not the sun the world goes round
But I just wish the world's not blind
As it goes round me.








No comments:

Post a Comment